Hi, I'm Prasanna
Prduct Designer and UX Researcher
Three values that define me
The best is the least I can do for my clients!
When the user is happy, I feel I have done my job to the best of my skills!
Ultimately everything I design is for the growth of the business.
I train myself to absorb lessons from everything I do.
June 2017 – April 2019 Sr. UX Specialist for Zensar (Cisco Off-shore Delivery Center), Pune, India
Designed user experience (UX) for Cisco Systems Inc. products such as eCommerce, marketing and finance, championed several business proposals and laid down best practices for end-to-end UX design.
Aug 2016 – June 2017 UI/UX Designer for Mobility and UX CoE at Schlumberger, Pune, India
Created User Experience for global mobile and offshore platforms, was responsible for user research and solving usability problems, associated with oil-field service industry.
March 2011 – Aug 2016 Manager of Land Systems Group at Larsen and Toubro, Mumbai, India
Managed the land based defence projects looking after creating business proposals, enhancing human-factors and planning of all stages of product development.
Aug 2009 – Sept 2010 Engineer at Eaton Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Pune for Modelling and Simulation CoE.
Designed aeroplane cockpit control panels and pilot controls for companies such as Boeing, Airbus, Embraer, Sikorsky, etc. according to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) ergonomics norms.
May 2005 – Nov 2007 Project Engineer at R&D, at Force Motors Pvt. Ltd., Pune
Responsible for design & development of various underbody components on Trax vehicles as well as ARAI certification of customized fuel tanks, speed limiters, rear view mirrors, etc.
2007 – 2009 M Des (Master in Product Design) from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
CGPA of 7.1 (8 point scale), Designed and prototyped Cashew Shelling Machine (4 patents filed), Interned on projects from Titan and Texas Instruments. Stood 2nd in university merit ranking.
2001 – 2005 B.E (Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering) fromSinhgad College of Engineering, Pune University
- In 2016, designed the Experience for 155mm/52 Self Propelled Howitzer for Indian Army. It won contract of CA$700 Million. This was the biggest contract awarded to a company by Indian Army.
- Was consistently awarded as top performer at L&T and was promoted every year since joining.
- Awarded ‘Top Technical Talent’ award of 2011 at Eaton Corporation for design of plane cockpits.
- Several apps I designed have more than a million downloads: e.g. GST Calculator
- Since 2007, I’ve mentored more than 200 students to get admission to design schools.
- I love long distance running and have achieved the following timings:
5 km – 19:26 minutes
10 km – 35:18 minutes
21 km – 1:17:21 hours
… and training for full marathon!
Courses and certifications
As a part of my continuous learning commitment I have completed following part time certifications